Thanks to a combination of features and sound quality that’s hard to better at the price, the Zen DAC is arguably one of its finest products. This is a USB-only desktop product that takes power from the computer that’s connected to it and This superb hi-res USB DAC/headphone amp delivers a level of specification and performance that punches above its super-affordable price tag. If you need optical or coax this product is not for you, though iFi makes a range of other products that will appeal.
DAC TO THE FUTURE
The ZEN DAC supports PCM and DXD to 32-bit/384kHz, DSD256 and MQA. DSD remains ‘bit-perfect’ thanks to the True Native Burr Brown chip design. Our R&D maxes out the circuitry with bespoke, easy to install firmware to bring you the joyous musicality of hi-res. The ethereal music quality will leave you grinning ear to ear.
BRINGS BALANCE (IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE)
We’ve used a balanced design for the analogue stage – rare and not found at this price point. This makes it pretty special for the best sound quality. With super-low noise performance, it will remain quiet even in noisy situations such as yachts or RVs.
The ZEN DAC sports Pentaconn 4.4mm balanced outputs at both the front and back. On the front, there’s also the popular 6.3mm headphone socket. You get both headphone options.
SO FLEXIBLE IT ALMOST DOES YOGA
Switch effortlessly between ‘variable’ and ‘fixed’. Set to ‘Variable,’ use the ZEN DAC as a pre-amp to feed a power amp or active speakers.
On ‘Fixed’ to bypass the volume control. Connect to an external pre-amp or integrated amp.
POWER. DRIVE. PERFORMANCE.
Our headphone amp has PowerMatch – switchable gain to perfectly match your headphones.
IEMs are high-sensitivity, Leave PowerMatch at its lower setting for hiss-free listening.
On/over-ear types with relatively low impedance require more oomph – press PowerMatch to increase the level of drive.
ACE OF BASS.
The ZEN DAC boasts TrueBass. This proprietary tech is a switchable ‘bass boost’ operating in the analogue domain. There’s no DSP with iFi gear.
TrueBass enhances the bass but does not muddy the mid-range. Perfect for use with IEMs or open-back headphones which often lose out on bass.
So, in the words of the great Eric Clapton and from the film Back to the Future, Heaven is One Step Away.
|Input :||USB3.0 B Socket (USB2.0 compatible)|
|Formats :||44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192/384kHz PCM 2.8/3.1/5.6/6.2/11.2/12.4MHz DSD 353/384KHz DXD|
|DAC :||Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown|
|Output :||Audio RCA (UnBAL) — 2.1V fixed|
1V / 3.3V max. (variable)
4.4mm Pentaconn (BAL) — 4.2V fixed
2V / 6.2V max. (variable)
|Zout :||<= 100 Ohm (UnBAL)|
<= 200 Ohm (BAL)
|SNR :||< -116dB(A) @ 0dBFS (UnBAL/BAL)|
|DNR :||> 116dB(A) @ -60dBFS (UnBAL/BAL)|
|THD+N :||< 0.0015% @ 0dBFS (UnBAL/BAL)|
|Output Power (@1% THD) :||4.4mm Pentaconn (BAL)|
330mW@32 Ohm; 6.6V@600 Ohm;
16 Ohm - 600 Ohm Headphone
6.3mm S-BAL (SE)
230mW@32 Ohm; 3.3V@600 Ohm
16 Ohm - 600 Ohm Headphone
Note: Using 5v power. If powered from USB, power output may vary.
|Output Impedance :||< 1 Ω (UnBAL/BAL)|
|THD & N :||< 0.005% (125mW @ 32R)|
|SNR :||> 113dBA (3.3V UnBAL / 6.2V BAL)|
|Power consumption :||< 1.5W via USB power OR 5v DC (power supply not included)|
|Dimensions :||117(l) x 100(w) x 30(h)mm|
|Weight :||491g (1.08 lbs)|
We understand the anxiety of shopping online in Malaysia particularly on startup and small business website; you don't get to physically hold the product before buying, how will you know if the product will live up to your expectations, ... - which is why we are committed to
- Only sell/advertise products or brands that we believe in
- Thoroughly research a product/model to save you time and get the most value for your money
- Go the extra mile to properly package items for shipping
- Rely on reputable courier service (*not necessarily the cheapest)
- Provide second to none customer service (Lazada/ Shopee gets thousands of visitors a day, we have Only You to focus on)
- Safeguarding your privacy & offer a seamless user experience on our ecommerce webpage
- Ensure all pages and content on TechX are accessed using SSL encryption (*look for the padlock icon on the left side of the address bar...SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, login credentials to be transmitted securely)
- Your satisfaction! We believe we sourced for the best quality products around, however sometimes life happens. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of any product, we will gladly refund your money + 20% of what your paid
In the event you still need further assurance, write to us via our Contact Form and we'll get back within 2 hours.