For about ~RM400 cheaper than the Audioengine A2+, how good is the Kanto YU2? Personally, we think for the price, it offers quite a bit of value for upcoming audiophiles on a budget looking to step up their desktop setup to something much more than your average Logitech.
"As they were considerably smaller, we expected a sharp drop in quality and volume and that in fact never happened. Pretty impressed by the excellent high resolution detail of the Kanto YU2. The sound is well layered, and frequency separation remains excellent throughout the range. At the same time, the precision of each layer is detailed enough for smooth transitions, creating a very cohesive setup in the end." - Audio Critic
Kanto YU2 speakers look good and sound great on your desktop. They're compact, self-powered, and come in decor-friendly colors. The active speaker features a USB port with built-in digital to analog converter (DAC) so you can connect directly to your computer and enhance the sound of digital music files (up to 16-bit/48kHz).
Each speaker has a 3" Kevlar® woofer and 3/4" silk dome tweeter. Add a pair of optional Kanto S2 speaker stands to help create an immersive near-field stereo soundfield to enjoy while you work or play.
Two-Way Driver Design: The Kanto YU2 features a two-way driver design with a 0.75" silk dome tweeter and 3" kevlar cone woofer for clear high and detailed midrange/midbass frequencies.
- 0.75" Silk Dome Tweeter: The 0.75" tweeter is made from silk to deliver a high-frequency range that's bright and refined. The tweeter's dome shape improves sound dispersion to ensure your ears capture every sound, regardless of where you are in the room.
- 3" Kevlar Cone Woofer: The 3" woofer cone is made of a kevlar material and features a rubber surround for long-lasting performance. The woofer provides surprisingly controlled and accurate low frequency response.
Class D Amplifier: The 0.75" tweeter and 3" woofer are powered by a built-in 25 watt (RMS) / 50 watt (Peak) x 2 channel amplifier for dynamic sound reproduction. The built-in amplifier is located in the YU2's "Left" powered speaker. The binding-post output terminals on back of the "Left" powered speaker and the included 9.75' speaker wire provide connection to the "Right" passive speaker's binding-post input terminals.
Bass Reflex Cabinet: The Kanto YU2 powered speaker system utilizes a bass reflex enclosure design with a rear-firing slot port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The speaker cabinet is available in a black, white, grey, teal, red, or bamboo finish.
Built-in DAC w/ USB-B Port: Featuring a built-in DAC (digital-to-analog) and USB-B port (located on the "Left" powered speaker), the YU2 lets you connect directly to your computer (Windows or Mac) via USB, eliminating any interference that your computer’s onboard soundcard may pick-up while enjoying a fully digital, high-quality audio connection. The YU2's USB DAC supports 2ch stereo up to 16-bit/48kHz resolution. When connecting your computer via USB connection, the noisy built-in DAC of your computer is bypassed, and the audio signals are instead decoded by the YU2's high-quality DAC, delivering rich and distortion-free sound to the speakers.
Notes: Please ensure you have changed the proper audio output settings in your computer, so audio signals are output to the YU2 speakers and not to your computer's internal speakers. Select "USB Audio DAC" as the output device in your computer audio settings.
Aux Input: The Kanto YU2 is outfitted with an Aux input (located on the "Left" powered speaker) for connecting an external portable audio device, such as your portable music player. The Aux input can also be used to connect an optional Bluetooth adapter or Phono preamp (both sold separately).
- Optional Bluetooth Adapter: The Kanto YU2 does not offer wireless connectivity. However, you can add a wireless Bluetooth adapter (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to the system speaker system.
- Optional Phono Preamp: To connect a turntable to the YU2 speaker system, you'll need a turntable with a built-in Phono preamp or an external phono preamp (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Sub Out: The Kanto YU2 is equipped with a mono-RCA subwoofer output (located on the "Left" powered speaker) for connecting a powered subwoofer (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to add deep, low bass to the speaker system. The YU2's sub output is full-range, so you'll need a powered subwoofer with a built-in low-pass crossover.
Power/Volume Control: There is a rotary knob on the back of the "Left" powered speaker that controls Power On/Of and Volume Up/Down functions. There is a LED on the front of the "Left" powered speaker to indicate power. The LED illuminates blue when the system is powered on and does not illuminate when off.
Mounting & Placement Options: The YU2 powered speaker system is designed for either desktop, bookshelf, or stand mounting to enhance your computer audio listening in a near-field environment; but can also be used in a standard 2ch stereo application. The speakers come with self-adhesive rubber feet to protect your furniture (the feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speakers). Check out the Accessories Tab for desktop and floor stands (sold separately).
- In either setup, the space between the two speakers and the distance from the rear wall is important. If the speakers are positioned too close or too far apart, stereo imaging will not be fully developed.
- The YU2 is designed to perform optimally positioned at least 7.875" to 9.875" from the rear wall for best bass response.
- Regardless of the setup you choose, keep in mind that rooms vary in shape, size, and furnishing; a certain amount of experimentation may be necessary to determine the most suitable position that delivers the most satisfying sound performance.
Power Requirements: The Kanto YU2's "Left" powered speaker includes a AC power adapter and cord that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector. The "Right" passive speaker does not require AC power.
|Woofer||3" kevlar mid/ woofer|
|Tweeter||3/4" silk dome tweeter|
|Power handling||two 25-watt RMS amplifiers built into left (active) speaker|
|Frequency response||80 - 20,000Hz (±6 dB)|
|Dimensions||3-15/16"W x 5-15/16" H x 5-5/16"D|
- Gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- USB input (USB Type-A to Type-B cable included)
- 3.5mm stereo analog input (mini-to-mini cable included)
- Mono RCA subwoofer output
*10ft speaker wire included to connect left and right speaker
We understand the anxiety of shopping online in Malaysia particularly on startup and small business website; you don't get to physically hold the product before buying, how will you know if the product will live up to your expectations, ... - which is why we are committed to
- Only sell/advertise products or brands that we believe in
- Thoroughly research a product/model to save you time and get the most value for your money
- Go the extra mile to properly package items for shipping
- Rely on reputable courier service (*not necessarily the cheapest)
- Provide second to none customer service (Lazada/ Shopee gets thousands of visitors a day, we have Only You to focus on)
- Safeguarding your privacy & offer a seamless user experience on our ecommerce webpage
- Ensure all pages and content on TechX are accessed using SSL encryption (*look for the padlock icon on the left side of the address bar...SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, login credentials to be transmitted securely)
- Your satisfaction! We believe we sourced for the best quality products around, however sometimes life happens. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of any product, we will gladly refund your money + 20% of what your paid
- 12-months manufacturer warranty 1-1 exchange
In the event you still need further assurance, write to us via our Contact Form and we'll get back within 2 hours.