This is a nice little amp. Jam packed with features that make it versatile for really any audio setup, especially for the size. However, I ended up returning it and got a Schiit Heresy instead mostly because I liked the Schiit sound signature better and I didn't want to get into the extra costs of a balanced setup, which is the real reason to get the Zen Can. If you don't need balanced, then this is a skip. Detailed breakdown below.
Build quality: Just awesome. Feels super solid. Advertised to have circuit protection to keep your headphones from blowing up in case of any voltage failure. This is a very unlikely event. Unless you're doing unorthodox things (using a unqualified power supply for example) its not much to worry about. However, if you need that peace of mind, its there.
XBass/3D: The effects work well enough but are very dependent on the headphones. With some headphones it does help alot, while others no so much. Really fun feature to play with regardless. One thing I noticed is when you turn both effects off at the same time, there's a quick volume pop. Must be the analog circuit switching. Its worse at loud volume so keep that in mind.
- Hi-res DAC (Digital-to-Analogue Converter) and headphone amp
- Elevates the sound quality of digital sources to a higher plane
- Use as a headphone amp, or as a pure DAC with an amp and speakers
- Connect to PCs, Macs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and more via USB
- Supports 32-bit/384kHz PCM, fully native DSD256 and MQA
- Convenient desktop size, powered by USB or mains
- Powerful amp drives all headphones/earphones with ease
- PowerMatch and XBass controls – adjust to suit your headphones
- High-performance circuitry delivers smooth, detailed and dynamic sound
We understand the anxiety of shopping online in Malaysia particularly on startup and small business website; you don't get to physically hold the product before buying, how will you know if the product will live up to your expectations, ... - which is why we are committed to
- Only sell/advertise products or brands that we believe in
- Thoroughly research a product/model to save you time and get the most value for your money
- Go the extra mile to properly package items for shipping
- Rely on reputable courier service (*not necessarily the cheapest)
- Provide second to none customer service (Lazada/ Shopee gets thousands of visitors a day, we have Only You to focus on)
- Safeguarding your privacy & offer a seamless user experience on our ecommerce webpage
- Ensure all pages and content on TechX are accessed using SSL encryption (*look for the padlock icon on the left side of the address bar...SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, login credentials to be transmitted securely)
- Your satisfaction! We believe we sourced for the best quality products around, however sometimes life happens. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of any product, we will gladly refund your money + 20% of what your paid
In the event you still need further assurance, write to us via our Contact Form and we'll get back within 2 hours.